We all want the ability to listen through walls or to eavesdrop on someone’s phone surrounding sound so that we can ensure the safety of our loved ones or catch a cheating partner. However, is it even possible to listen to phone surrounding live? Yes, it is very much possible to do that with the help of a remote listening app.
In this article, I will introduce you to the top 4 apps to listen in on another phone which I have tested myself. So without wasting any time let’s see how to listen to another phones surroundings remotely.
Table Of Contents
- Quick Summary
- How Do I Listen To Another Phone Surroundings For Free?
- Listen To Someone’s Phone Surroundings
- Alternative Apps To Record Surroundings Sounds Remotely
- How To Remotely Listen In On Android & iPhone? Final Verdict
You can easily find lots of Android spy apps to listen to surroundings, for example, iKeyMonitor, uMobix, etc. However, the options are limited when it comes to listening to iPhone surrounding sound. But don’t worry you can make use of spy apps like FlexiSPY and TheOneSpy to listen to iPhone surrounding live. But remember you have to jailbreak the target iPhone in order to install any of these remote listening apps on it.
How Do I Listen To Another Phone Surroundings For Free?
Unfortunately, there’s no such free remote listening app for Android and iPhone that lets you use a phone mic to spy and record audio and listen in real-time. It’s a high-end feature that only a few spyware for Android or iPhone provide at the moment. But don’t worry the cell phone spy software I am recommending to listen to the surroundings are mostly affordable and value for money. So you won’t regret paying for them.
Listen To Someone’s Phone Surroundings
The first Android spy app to listen to the surroundings that I would like to recommend is iKeyMonitor. It can remotely record the surrounding sounds of the target phone without them knowing.
So, let’s start with the installation process of iKeyMonitor first.
iKeyMonitor Setup And Installation Process
1. Go to the official site of iKeyMonitor on your device and click on SIGN UP at the top-right corner.
2. Choose the platform according to the target device’s operating system. (If the target device is iOS then sadly, it’s not possible to listen to the ambient sounds using iKeyMonitor until the device is not jailbroken.)
3. You have to get physical access to the device and being a parent I consider that it’s not hard for you to do so. That’s why you have to click on “Yes. I can get the device in my hand and unlock it.”
4. Register yourself by providing some important details like User ID and Email, and tap on SIGN UP.
5. Now, you’ll receive an email from iKeyMonitor. This email contains your login details.
6. Simply log in with the credentials provided to you by iKeyMonitor.
Installation Process On Kid’s Or Target Device
Now, it’s time to start the installation of the app on the kid’s phone. Get physical access to the device to get started.
1. Use any browser and reach the official iKeyMonitor site. Tap on the hamburger icon given on the screen and select the LOG IN option.
2. Use the same login details that were used earlier to sign up on iKeyMonitor.
3. As I have told you before that iKeyMonitor only allows Android devices to use the surroundings feature, we assume your kid owns an Android device. iOS device needs to be jailbroken.
4. Go for the option “Yes. I will download the spy app directly on the device and install it.”
5. Now you need to Download iKeyMonitor for Android.
6. Tap on INSTALL to continue installing iKeyMonitor on the target device.
7. iKeyMonitor will require some permissions to make it possible for you to listen to the surrounding voices remotely. Allow iKeyMonitor to access media, photos, and files. Allow it to take pictures and give all the necessary permissions.
8. Next, you have to simply tap on Login as there’s no password set for the iKeyMonitor app.
9. There’s no point in rooting the Android device because the feature works with non-rooted devices as well. That said, tap on Continue as User App (No Root.)
10. Time to configure some settings, Let’s start with battery settings.
11. Google Play doesn’t allow you to install the unknown app but it’s completely ok to use iKeyMonitor. So you need to turn off Play Protect and enable the Internet Service by tapping on Configure.
12. Configure the Usage Access, Accessibility, Screen Capturing, and other settings as well.
13. There’s no point in keeping the app icon, so you have to uncheck both, the Display status bar icon and the Display home screen icon.
14. Give a final check to all the permissions you have given. Some of the permissions might have a question mark, but if the permissions are given, tap on the question mark, select Already Confirmed, and tap on Next.
Now the iKeyMonitor app is all set and you can use it to listen to live phone surroundings.
Record And Listen To Phone Surrounding Live
1. At the initial login, you’ll be at the Dashboard of iKeyMonitor. Go to the Logs option Choose Surrounding from the list of features.
2. Now simply click on the Record Live Surrounding Sound option to listen to the ambient sounds of the target phone remotely and that too without them knowing.
The command can be given for 2 minutes, 5 minutes, 10 minutes, 30 minutes, 60 minutes, and 120 minutes. The surrounding sound will be recorded for the time you choose.
While using iKeymonitor, I figured that it takes a little bit of time to execute the commands. However, sooner or later it will surely follow the command given and provide you with the ambient sound once it’s recorded.
Explore the app in detail by reading its dedicated review here.
Alternative Apps To Record Surroundings Sounds Remotely
iKeyMonitor is not the only ambient listening app for Android when it comes to listening to the surrounding sounds. FlexiSPY is another full-fledged app with tons of advanced features, and one of them is the Ambient feature.
When you select the Ambient feature of the app, you will see a Record option given at the top. And for remotely recording audio on Android, you have to click on the Record button.
Now select the time for which you want FlexiSPY to record the sounds nearby the target phone. You can select the time in the gap of 5 minutes, that is, 5, 10, 15, 20, and so on.
Once you select the time, simply tap on Start Ambient Recording Now. With this, you have commanded the app to record the audio for that particular time.
In a few minutes, you will notice the new recording appearing on the app’s portal that you can access remotely. Now you can Download the recording anytime and listen to it on your device.
After hovering on a particular recording, you will see a delete and star option appearing. Using the star feature you can save those recordings to yourself that you feel would be important in the future. Similarly using the delete option, you can get rid of the extra recordings which do not hold any valuable conversation.
To save yourself from the pain of giving instructions to the app to record the sounds repeatedly, you can schedule the recordings for the future and then leave everything to FlexiSPY.
Make the necessary changes according to your requirements and tap on the Save option. Now the sounds will be recorded for the selected time automatically and you can check the recordings whenever you feel like it.
If you are looking to listen to the surroundings app for iPhone then also you can use FlexiSPY in a similar fashion as shown above. However, in order to install the FlexiSPY app on iPhone you need to jailbreak the target iPhone first.
You can learn about the setup, installation, features, and more about FlexiSPY in my review here.
uMobix is an affordable alternative to FlexiSPY to listen to live phone surroundings. If you are on a budget then opting for uMobix over FlexiSPY makes more sense. However, on uMobix the Live Listening feature is still under development which means the app might not be able to record the surrounding sounds all the time. When I was using the app, it worked only 6 out of 10 times while testing the feature.
If we keep that aside, this surrounding recording spy app does a pretty decent job. In order to listen to phone surroundings with uMobix all you have to do is login into your uMobix dashboard and go to the Audio Stream section and start the recording.
I found that the audio record quality is decent and you will be able to understand what is being said in the audio.
The last app on the list is an iPhone alternative to uMobix as well as FlexiSPY. Similar to FlexiSPY it can help you listen to phone surrounding live on both Android and iPhone. But again the iPhone needs to be jailbroken if you want to install this app on the target iOS device.
This remote listening app gives you the option to listen to the ambient sound of the target person by going to the Live Audio tab on your TheOneSpy dashboard. Simply click on the Connect button, then tap on Get Audio, and live audio streaming will initiate.
The audio provided here is exceptionally clear, as I was able to discern conversations taking place in another room as well.
With TheOneSpy, you can listen to iPhone surroundings live which is not possible with FlexiSPY.
Overall, TheOneSpy app’s Live Audio feature ensures that the target person can never conceal anything from you. It gives you the ability to listen to their conversations in real time.
How To Remotely Listen In On Android & iPhone? Final Verdict
Not only can you listen to ambient audio of someone’s phone remotely with iKeyMonitor, FlexiSPY, uMobix, and TheOneSpy but they also offer a lot of other monitoring features.
It’s really good that you care about your kids and you don’t want them to be in any kind of problem. And for the same reason, you want to listen to the surrounding sounds near their phones. But it’s quite unethical if you do it without taking their consent or without telling them.
So you should at least make them aware that you’re gonna use a monitoring app to get access to their device’s microphone and hear everything near them.
Can You Listen Through Someone Elses Phone?
Yes, with the help of a spy app, you can take remote access to the target person phone mic and hear everything remotely and discreetly.
Can Cell Phone Microphones Be Turned On Remotely?
While installing a spy app, you give it the permission to take access to the target person phone mic remotely whenever you want. So yes, you can turn on microphone remotely.
What Is The Best App To Listen To Someones Surrounding Sounds?
All the mentioned apps are good enough to record the ambient sounds clearly. However, I personally recommend FlexiSPY.
Can You Hide iKeyMonitor?
iKeyMonitor works only in hidden mode. So while you are recording the target person, they will not know that their phone mic is accessed remotely.
Can I Record Surrounding Sounds On An iPhone?
For using this feature on an iPhone, you need to jailbreak the target iPhone first and then install FlexiSPY or TheOneSpy on it.