Teenage is a kind of mirror that can easily shred with the stone of bad influence that the society pelts. But the same mirror shines for the rest of the life when it gets polished with the etiquettes and good conduct which the child learns from the parents.
But it’s not as easy as it sounds. Raising a child and making them gentlemen/gentlewomen is a long road to cover. It takes years and the starting has to be done from childhood days.
No doubt you keep a keen eye on your kids when they are present at home. But what about the time when they’re not physically present?
You have a full right to know what they do, with whom they meet secretly, where do they go. You have the right to get every single detail of your kid.
And this is only possible with monitoring apps. These apps let you listen to someone’s Android device’s surrounding sounds remotely and that too without the rooting of the device.
Moreover, it’s really easy to use them for listening to the ambient voices. I have selected 2 apps after testing a bunch of Android spy apps for this task. So let’s see how these apps work and help us achieve the desired goal.
Table Of Contents
- Listen To Someone’s Phone Surroundings
- Alternative Spy App For Remote Listening To Sounds
- Final Words
Listen To Someone’s Phone Surroundings
The first app I would like to recommend for remotely recording the surrounding sounds of the target phone is iKeyMonitor. So, let’s start with the installation process of iKeyMonitor first.
Installation Process On Parent device
1. Go to the official site of iKeyMonitor on the parent device and click on SIGN UP at the top-right corner.
2. Choose the platform according to the target device’s operating system. (If the target device is iOS then sadly, it’s not possible to listen to the ambient sounds using iKeyMonitor until the device is not jailbroken.)
3. You have to get physical access to the device and being a parent we consider that it’s not hard for you to do so. That’s why you have to click on “Yes. I can get the device in my hand and unlock it.”
4. Register yourself by providing some important details like User ID and Email, and tap on SIGN UP.
5. Now, you’ll receive an email from iKeyMonitor. This email contains your login details.
6. Simply log in with the credentials provided to you by iKeyMonitor.
Installation Process On Kid’s Or Target Device
Now, it’s time to start the installation of the app on the kid’s phone. Get physical access to the device to get started.
1. Use any browser and reach the official iKeyMonitor site. Tap on the hamburger icon given on the screen and select the LOG IN option.
2. Use the same login details that were used to sign up on the parent’s device.
3. As we have told before that iKeyMonitor only allows Android devices to use the surroundings feature, we assume your kid owns an Android device. iOS device needs to be jailbroken.
4. Go for the option “Yes. I will download the spy app directly on the device and install it.”
5. Now you need to Download iKeyMonitor for Android.
6. Tap on INSTALL to continue installing iKeyMonitor on the target device.
7. iKeyMonitor will require some permissions to make it possible for you to listen to the surrounding voices remotely. Allow iKeyMonitor to access media, photos, and files. Allow it to take pictures and give all the necessary permissions.
8. Next, you have to simply tap on the Login as there’s no password set for the iKeyMonitor app.
9. There’s no point in rooting the Android device because the feature works with non-rooted devices as well. That said, tap on Continue as User App (No Root.)
10. Time to configure some settings, Let’s start with battery settings.
11. Google Play doesn’t allow you to install the unknown app but it’s completely ok to use iKeyMonitor. So you need to turn off the Play Protect and enable the Internet Service by tapping on Configure.
12. Configure the Usage Access, Accessibility, Screen Capturing, and other settings as well.
13. There’s no point in keeping the app icon, so you have to uncheck both, Display status bar icon and Display home screen icon.
14. Give a final check to all the permissions you have given. Some of the permissions might have a question mark, but if the permissions are given, tap on the question mark, select Already Confirmed, and tap on Next.
Now the iKeyMonitor app is all set and you can use it to listen to live phone surroundings.
Record And Listen To The Ambient Sounds In Real-Time
1. At the initial login, you’ll be at the Dashboard of iKeyMonitor. Go to the Logs option Choose Surrounding from the list of features.
2. Now simply click on the Record Live Surrounding Sound option to listen to the ambient sounds of the target phone remotely.
The command can be given for 2 minutes, 5 minutes, 10 minutes, 30 minutes, 60 minutes, and 120 minutes. The surrounding sound will be recorded for the time you choose.
iKeyMonitor takes a little bit in executing the command, but it will surely follow the command given and provide you with the ambient sound once it’s recorded.
Explore the app in detail by reading its dedicated review here.
Alternative Spy App For Remote Listening To Sounds
iKeyMonitor is not the only option you have when it comes to listening to the surrounding sounds. FlexiSPY is another full-fledged app with tons of advanced features, out of which one of them is the Ambient feature.
When you select the Ambient feature of the app, you will see a Record option given at the top. And for recording the sounds surrounding the target phone, you have to click on the Record feature.
Now select the time for which you want FlexiSPY to record the sounds nearby the target phone. You can select the time in the gap of 5 minutes, that is, 5, 10, 15, 20, and so on.
Once you select the time, simply tap on Start Ambient Recording Now. With this, you have commanded the app to record the audio for that particular time.
In a few minutes, you will notice the new recording appearing on the app’s portal that you can access remotely. Now you can Download the recording anytime and listen to it on your device.
After hovering on a particular recording, you will see a delete and star option appearing. Using the star feature you can save those recordings to yourself which you feel would be important in the future. Similarly using the delete option, you can get rid of the extra recordings which do not hold any valuable conversation.
To save yourself from the pain of giving instruction to the app to record the sounds repeatedly, you can schedule the recordings for the future and then leave everything to FlexiSPY.
Make the necessary changes according to your requirements and tap on the Save option. Now the sounds will be recorded for the selected time automatically and you can check the recordings whenever you feel like it.
You can learn about the setup, installation, features, and more about FlexiSPY in our review here.
Not only can you listen to ambient audio of someone’s phone remotely with iKeyMonitor and FlexiSPY but they also offer a lot of other monitoring features.
It’s really good that you care about your kids and you don’t want them to be in any kind of problem. And for the same reason, you want to listen to the surrounding sounds near their phones. But it’s quite unethical if you do it without taking their consent or without telling them.
So you should at least make them aware that you’re gonna use a monitoring app to get access to their device’s microphone and hear everything near them.
Can You Listen Through Someone Else's Phone?
Yes, with the help of a spy app, you can take remote access to the target person's phone mic and hear everything remotely and discreetly.
Can Cell Phone Microphones Be Turned On Remotely?
While installing a spy app, you give it the permission to take access to the target person's phone mic remotely whenever you want. So yes, you can turn on microphone remotely.
What Is The Best App To Listen To Someone's Surrounding Sounds?
Both iKeyMonitor and FlexiSPY are good enough to record the ambient sounds clearly.
Can You Hide iKeyMonitor?
iKeyMonitor works only in hidden mode. So while you are recording the target person, they won't know that their phone mic is accessed remotely.
Can I Record Surrounding Sounds On An iPhone?
For using this feature on an iPhone, you need to jailbreak the target iPhone first.