Are you recently on the hunt for a good keylogger program that can help you keep an eye on your kid’s and spouse’s computer activities? If yes, then I have good news for you because in this article I am going to review one of the best keyloggers for Windows for free which is known by the name of Spyrix Personal Monitor.
It is basically a personal monitor which is used to keep an eye on your own computer to check if someone is using it behind your back. However, if you want to spy on someone else’s computer using a keylogger then you can also do that with Spyrix. So without wasting any more time let’s start the Spyrix review.
Here are quick links to specific parts of the article in case you don’t have time to go through the entire review.
- How Does Spyrix Work?
- How To Install Spyrix?
- Spyrix Free Keylogger Review
- Other Free Features
- Free Vs Paid Features
- Online Monitoring
- Spyrix Pricing
- Is Spyrix Keylogger Worth It?
- Is There Any Better Alternative To Spyrix Personal Monitor?
How Does Spyrix Work?
Before we start the Spyrix free keylogger review let’s see how it works. So basically it is a free keylogger program that can be downloaded from the internet and can be installed on the target computer. When it is installed on a PC it tracks each keystroke made on the keyboard and captures screenshots of the screen.
If you want to monitor your own computer then you can see all the recorded data i.e. key logs and screenshots on the Spyrix dashboard on your device. However, if you want to spy on someone else’s computer like your child, employee or spouse then you can hide the software on their device and receive the recordings remotely on your email. You can also monitor their activities on your online Spyrix account. So now you know how Spyrix works, let’s see how to install it on your or anyone else’s computer.
How To Install Spyrix?
In order to properly install the Spyrix keylogger, you need to make some changes to the target computer.
- You want to first temporarily disable the anti-virus on the computer. By default, the Windows Defender is enabled on a Windows PC, you need to disable it. To do so go to Windows action center > Windows Security > Virus & Threat Protection and there turn off real-time protection. If there is any third-party anti-virus installed on the computer then you should disable it as well.
- After disabling the antivirus you need to add the Spyrix software to the exception list of the anti-virus program so that it does not detect and remove the software in the future. Paste this link: C:\Program Data\Security Monitor\* in the exception list of the antivirus software installed on the computer. The steps to whitelist a software are different for different antiviruses.
Now since you are done with the prerequisites let’s go ahead and install the Spyrix app on the target computer.
1. So first you need to go to the official website of Spyrix and download the Spyrix Personal Monitor software.
2. Once downloaded, you need to install the Spyrix software on the computer. Upon launching the software it will ask you to enter your Email ID for remotely monitoring the target PC. This will be the email on which you will receive the recorded keylogger and screenshots data.
3. On the next screen it will ask you to create your online monitoring account by entering your email and your password. This account will be used to login into your Spyrix dashboard to remotely monitor the activities. You can also skip this part if you don’t want to create an account however I don’t recommend skipping it.
4. After that you need to select the option I accept the agreement and then click on Next and install the software.
5. Finally click on Finish to end the installation process.
With this the installation is complete. Now a new Setup Wizard will open, here you can choose to hide the software on the target PC and change the screenshot quality.
6. First it will ask you to enter the email you want to use for online monitoring. If you have already added the Email ID while installation then you can just click on Next.
7. On the next step it will ask you when the program should take a screenshot and what should be its quality. You can choose to take a screenshot when the window or clipboard changes. To change the quality of the screenshot just adjust the slider accordingly.
8. Lastly, you can choose to hide the software on the target computer if you are monitoring someone without them knowing. However, the hide option is not available in the free version of the software. If you want it to work in the hidden mode then you need to purchase the functional version of Spyrix Personal Monitor.
Spyrix Free Keylogger Review
The free version of the Spyrix Personal Monitor comes with a keylogger which alone is sufficient to monitor someone’s activity on the computer. If you are monitoring your own computer then you can launch the Spyrix software to go to its dashboard. You can also use your online Spyrix account if you’re remotely monitoring someone’s PC.
Once you are on the Spyrix dashboard you can see a lot of options, click on Keyboard events to see the recorded key logs.
I was impressed with the accuracy and speed of this freeware as it was able to record each and every keystroke made on the device within seconds. Besides words, it can also track other keys on the keyboard like Enter, Backspace, Space, etc. Also, it shows you the time and date on which the keystroke was made along with the source(application) where it was made for example Notepad, Browser, etc.
Overall, for a free keylogger you cannot expect anything more from Spyrix, it works really well and gives you the opportunity to spy on someone’s computer without paying a dime.
Other Free Features
Besides keylogger, Spyrix Personal Monitor also provides you with other free monitoring features like ScreenShots, Event log, and Clipboard Value. These features along with Keylogger help you properly track one’s activity on their computer.
The screenshot feature is by far one of the best addition to the Spyrix after keylogger. It captures the screenshot of the computer screen at regular intervals and hence no activity is left unnoticed. To see the screens captured by this software you need to click on the ScreenShots option on the left side panel of the dashboard. Once you do that all the captured screenshots will be in front of you. To view a screenshot click on it and you will see its thumbnail at the bottom.
To see the screenshots clearly double-click on the thumbnail and it will load on a bigger screen and you can see it properly.
2. Clipboard Value
The Clipboard Value is the extended feature of the keylogger as it records all the words that are copied and pasted somewhere. Again just like keylogger this feature is very fast and accurate as it was able to track everything I copied and pasted on my device.
3. Event Log
The Event Log isn’t a feature in itself as it is just a detailed report of all the activities recorded by the software. It includes everything recorded by the keylogger, clipboard value, to screenshots. You can see all the events recorded by Spyrix on one single screen under Event Log.
4. User Activity
This feature is very useful as it tells you about the activity of the user on the computer. It gives you an idea about their screen time and the period for which they were inactive by sharing with you the start and end time of a session and the inactivity in-between.
5. Program Activity
The Programs Activity functions show you the start and end times of all the programs used on the computer. It is helpful if you want to know what apps or software do the target person uses the most.
Free Vs Paid Features
The free features of this program are sufficient to monitor your personal computer. However, if you really want to spy on someone else’s computer then you need the paid version of it. First of all with the paid version of the software you can hide it on the target device which is not an option within the free version. Without hiding, if you install Spyrix on someone’s PC then they will definitely know about it.
Besides hiding, there are lots of other features provided in the paid version that makes it a good investment. These features include sound recording, browser history, and webcam screenshots. This means with the paid version you can remotely access the camera and microphone of the target computer and record all the activities of the target person without them knowing about it.
Apart from that, the paid version of Spyrix also allows you to monitor social media activities and messaging apps. So you can know who the target person chats with online. Also, the monitoring through email feature is only available with the functional version of Spyix Personal Monitor.
Overall, the paid version of Spyrix is way more valuable than the free one. However, if you want basic monitoring then the free version is also not bad. Moreover, you can start off with it if you are short on budget.
As you may have known by now, the monitoring through email feature is not available with the free version of Spyrix. However, online monitoring is available for all. If you have created an account on Spyrix while installing the software on the computer then y0u can log in to your dashboard on the Spyrix website and see all the activities remotely from another device. You just need to log into your Spyrix account and from there you can do the online monitoring.
After entering your details you will log into your online Spyrix dashboard. It is similar to the dashboard of the software in offline mode. It’s just that in the online mode you can also see the Live Screen of the target PC and see everything they do on their screen.
Apart from that, you can see the keystrokes, screenshots, and copied text recorded by the software on the target device on your online dashboard. If you are using the paid version of the software then you can monitor all the features here itself.
Spyrix is available for multiple devices and the pricing is different for all of them. The devices you can monitor using Spyrix are Windows, Mac, and iOS/Android. The prices are based on the number of devices you want to monitor with Spyrix. For example, you can monitor one Windows PC for $59, 3 for $65, and 5 for $85. The prices are further increased if you want to add extra features to your programs like webcam recording, screen recording, and call recording. Irrespective of which plan you choose all are valid for 12 months.
Is Spyrix Keylogger Worth It?
So finally we are at the end of the review, but the question most people still have is whether Spyrix keylogger is worth it or not? If you too are among these people then let me tell you that Spyrix is one of the best Windows Keylogger I have used so far. Moreover, it’s free to use and that makes it even better. No doubt the paid version of Spyrix comes with more features but the free version is sufficient if you have basic monitoring needs. Overall, if you want to track someone’s activity on their computer then I would recommend you to use Spyrix keylogger without any second thoughts in your mind.
Is There Any Better Alternative To Spyrix Personal Monitor?
Spyrix is overall a one-stop solution for all your personal monitoring needs. However, it lacks in the department when you have to spy on someone else’s computer. Although you can hide the software on another computer and get monitoring reports through email in the paid version of it, still it is not that effective and easy to use when it comes to remote monitoring. So is there any better alternative to Spyrix for monitoring someone’s computer activity without them knowing? Yes, and it’s called pcTattletale.
Similar to Spyrix you need to download and install pcTattletale on the target device. Once installed it stays hidden in the background and records all the activities on the victim’s computer. What makes pcTattletale better than Spyrix is that it records all the activities in the video format so you don’t have to go through keylogger, event logs, screenshots, and all that to see what’s happening on the target computer. You can simply play the recording and see everything frame by frame.
Moreover, it has a Live Video streaming feature using which you can see everything happing on the computer screen in real-time. Just like Spyrix, pcTattletale also has a keylogger and activity report feature but monitoring through video recording is still its main USP. Moreover, remote monitoring of the target device is very easy with pcTattletale, you just have to login into your pcTattletale account and you can start monitoring all the devices linked to your account. You can monitor 3 devices with a single plan of pcTattletale.
So if you are looking for a solution to spy on someone else’s computer then I would recommend you to go for pcTattletale. No doubt Spryix is capable of tracking another computer but it falls short in remote monitoring.
1. Is Spyrix Free?
Yes, it is a free keylogger program. However, if you want to use more features then you can purchase its premium plan.
2. What Is The Best Free Keylogger?
After testing and reviewing the Spyrix Personal Monitor, I can say that it is one of the best free keyloggers for Windows.
3. Is It Illegal To Put A Keylogger On Your Own Computer?
It’s totally legal to monitor your own computer with a keylogger.
Ease of use8.5/10
Data Sync Speed9.0/10
Value for Money8.5/10
- Free keylogger software
- It records keystrokes with high accuracy
- It captures screenshots for free
- Records all the copied words
- You can do online monitoring for free
- Free version can't be hidden
- You don't get keystrokes and screenshots through Email if you are using the free version of Spyrix keylogger